Optic Nerve Cycling Glasses
Photo: Greg K. Hull © Chasing Light Media
Article by Kim Hull
Optic Nerve refers to their products as, “Engineered to perform, priced to compete.”
With a price of $79 for Optic Nerve’s most popular cycling sunglass style, the Neurotoxin, Optic Nerve definitely came in at the lowest price point of options we checked out at Interbike 2013, while still having some very competitive features. Mae Harris of Optic Nerve gave us an overview of what’s available now and what’s coming out in the spring of 2014.
Optic Nerve Neurotoxin & SideSwipe™
Optic Nerve SideSwipe
The facts straight from Optic Nerve
Optic Nerve’s new SideSwipe cycling glasses have a small switch that allows lenses to be changed with minimal lens handling.
SideSwipe cycling glasses will be released in 2014 with two different options.
- One will have a polarized smoke lens along with regular copper and clear lenses and will retail at $109.
- The other will have two polarized lenses – smoke and copper – and will retail at $129.
All lenses will have Optic Nerve’s hydrophobic coating and frames will feature adjustable temple tips.
Optic Nerve 2014 Technologies
All polarized and premium IC models include a micro-thin Hydrophobic coating that repels water, dust, and oil, as well as enhancing overall performance and durability.
Nerve patented interchangeable lens “FIN” technology. FIN technology is found on Bender, Axtionsuit, Hermosa, Squeezebox, Gridlock, and Apex. FIN technology makes changing lenses hassle-free, yet secure.
Polarized injection polycarbonate lenses
The injection polycarbonate polarized lens is manufactured using the most advanced technology available. Precision molding and processing create pristine optics, superior clarity and elite impact resistance, along with a highly efficient polarized filter. The advanced “hydrophobic clear coat” is applied to the final product for a lens that repels water, oil, and dust, which enhances performance, lifespan, and cleaning.
- TR90 frame material for enhanced performance, fit and comfort
- Precision optics
- Meets ANSI Z80.3 standards for optical clarity and impact resistance
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection
- Lifetime warranty
Summing it up
Optic Nerve Neurotoxin cycling sunglasses
- Available with 3 interchangeable lenses: copper, clear & smoke
- Adjustable nose & earpieces
- Lightweight & flexible
- Replacement lenses (for the interchangeable style products only) are available by contacting Optic Nerve’s customer service. The number is on the website & product packaging.
- Available now – find the dealer locator at the bottom of the Optic Nerve website
Optic Nerve SideSwipe cycling sunglasses
- Interchangeable lenses
- Lenses are changed using a small switch on the side
- Two lens package options
- Available spring 2014 at $109 or $129, depending on lens package
Disclosure & disclaimer: We received product samples for evaluation for this review and were not otherwise financially compensated by the sponsor. Reviews are opinion only and Chasing Light Media accepts no responsibility for how the information is used.